Single Dad Illustrates Life With His Daughter In Heartwarming Comics
Daughter: What's love daddy?
Dad: You are.
Daughter: What's love daddy?
Dad: You are.
If you’re like me, then you’re always on the lookout for healthy, quick ways to eat your favorite whole foods. Throw your favorite whole grain, veggies, and lean protein in a casserole dish, pop it in the oven, and have an easy dinner that will most likely result in leftovers for the week!
In an effort to help combat this problem, educator Scott Ertl launched a program in 2010 that has since branched out into dozens of classrooms across the United States. Scott’s program, entitled Read and Ride, combines physical activity with reading by introducing stationary bikes into the classroom setting. Students are expected to read a favourite book, educational magazine, or some other piece of literature from the curriculum while using the piece of exercise equipment.
Ask any parent about ear infections, and you will most likely hear one horror story after another. Ear infection, or Otitis Media, is the most common reason for visits to the paediatrician’s office. It is estimated that over 30 million visits are made every year in an attempt to deal with this problem.
Google wants to help teach kids how to code, so now it’s launching a hardware platform for kids (and curious) adults to learn the principles of code. It’s called Project Bloks.
When facing an excruciating battle, say an ongoing fight against leukemia, having a best friend to lean on for support can be just as important as all the doctors and medicine.
1. Get the timing right: Make your tot’s appointment for a time when they’re alert and rested.
2. Parent by example: Mums and dads have the greatest influence on their tyke’s dental health. Your child will pick up on your anxiety, so focus on staying cool, calm, collected and confident.
3. No surprises: Bambinos handle dental procedures best when their parents know what to expect and have prepared them for the experience.
4. Look on the bright side: Answer your tot’s questions in a positive way. For example, use words like ‘healthy’ instead of ‘hurt’ and definitely steer clear of scary dental anecdotes!
5. Come prepared: Take along some questions about your child’s oral health.
6. Over to them! When the big day arrives, give your mini-mite some control over their dental visit, such as choosing their own ‘tooth doctor outfit’. Then it’s time to climb into the exciting dentist’s chair and let the check-up begin!
Popular parenting wisdom advises dealing with toddler tantrums in one of two ways. Ignore the ‘attention seeking behaviour’ and reward the toddler when they are good, or discipline the toddler by punishing them through exclusion. The naughty step and time out are commonplace in millions of homes around the world. Do they really work though? Child psychology and neuroscience says otherwise. Here are four reasons why you may want to reconsider your response the next time your toddler has a tantrum.
Since I aim to do most of the housework while he is in school, it is little surprise he does not see much of the work involved in running a household.
When we decided to do without live-in help four years ago after our maid left, the plan was for the kids to be more independent.
After all, getting kids involved in daily chores during school break leads to fulfilling time for all.
Their photo series “Pucker,” is what happens when life gave these kids lemons.
The fact of the matter is this: moms are the best.
From braids to buns, we are so in love with these adorable hairstyles for girls
New games that will make acquiring programming skills as simple as playing Lego for kids!
As part of its latest guidelines on kids and screen use, the American Academy of Pediatrics says parents not only need to pay attention to how much a kid is using a screen, but also when and why they are using it.
Mums everywhere turn to Vicks VapoRub when their little ones fall ill, but most don’t know that misusing the popular remedy can actually make your child’s symptoms worse—even to the point of sending them to the hospital.
When an 18-month-old girl was sent to the emergency room after having trouble breathing, Dr. Bruce Rubin and his team found out that her grandparents had rubbed Vicks VapoRub under her nose.
When Beth Laitkep was fighting for her life in the hospital, she found unwavering support from her best friend, Stephanie Culley as she became a critical part of not only her friend's battle with breast cancer but also in the lives of Beth's six children.
If your child has an imaginary friend they may have a connection to the spirit world, according to psychic Denise Litchfield.
Is your child excited about the upcoming arrival of Finding Dory? Here are some cool ideas you don't want to miss!
Using only her paintbrush, 8-year-old Sasha Bogosian has become quite the philanthropist, donating thousands of dollars to the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles.
"When people are bullied, especially children, they feel horrible inside and sometimes don't show or tell others how they are feeling."
Most parents of children with special needs want new laws to promote the rights of their children, and better education for them, a survey has found. The survey polled 835 parents with special needs children aged nine and below and was commissioned by the Lien Foundation, a philanthropic house. Findings released yesterday showed that close to three-quarters of parents polled agreed that new laws are necessary.
No matter the age of your little Picasso, these creative compositions are simple yet elegant, making for a stunning wall of kid art. And each activity boosts your child's budding fine motor skills and imagination with basic materials you can pick up at your local craft store.
Five years after the nuclear disaster, 20 Japanese schoolchildren are in Singapore for fun therapy, at a unique art camp to help them deal with the trauma of 3/11 and their disrupted lives.
It can be so hard when your child’s friend is not a good influence. Here are some good advice from parents of what you can do:
Contrary to the belief that homeschooling produces anti-social outcasts, the truth is that some of the most high-achieving, well-adjusted students are poring over math problems at their kitchen table, not a desk in a classroom. According to leading pedagogical research, at-home instruction may just be the most relevant, responsible, and effective way to educate children in the 21st century.
Like most Singaporean moms, I work full-time as well, better known as a" Full-time Working Mom (FTWM)" and while I'm not saying that Stay-At-Home Moms (SAHM) have it easier (we all know taking care of a child 24/7 is extremly tiring), but there are just some things that finds us working moms crying "Oh woe!". If you're a fellow working mom or was a FTWM previously before you made the brave decision to give up your job for your kids, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to relate to this post too!
Every parent or parent to-be has heard of the 'terrible two' phase but as someone who has been there four times, I can tell you that the twos are nothing compared to the age of three! At two they can be whiny and a bit defiant, but at three they can actually talk a bit more and it seems their attitude is beginning to fully develop!It seems that experts are now agreeing that while those two year old's are getting a bad rap, it's really the 'threenager' that parents need to be wary of!
Over-scheduled lives lead to questions of whether to stop an activity; teaches decision-making and relieves family tensions
“He can’t stay put in one place,” sighs Maielle Paterno as she watches her four-year-old Chico run around the house. “He seems to be fueled with boundless energy,” she says. “The only thing that can quiet him down for a while are his Disney CarsTM toys, or when he’s already exhausted!” Otherwise, Chico would jump from one interest to another without really locking on to anything.
If your child doesn’t follow your instructions the first time you speak, examine the way you’re giving directions. These are the common mistakes can decrease the chances that your child will listen.
What should you say if your child develops unhealthy idea of body image and starts talking about diet?
1. When you get home, ask, “What can I do to help?” Then for at least five minutes, actually do what she says. A lot of people ask this question and then do half of the job. So, the job is set the table, and they take out some plates. Or the job is diaper the baby, and they leave the wipes and the cream open and an empty bag of diapers laying around. Only five minutes is necessary for many household related tasks, or five minutes could make a good dent. At the very least, for five minutes your wife will see you fully engaged in a task, and not sitting doing nothing (which women hate), and that will magically make her happy and less stressed out.
2. Tell your wife what she does that you appreciate. For five whole minutes, tell her what she does that makes you happy and feel appreciative and grateful. Five minutes is a long time to talk, and you’ll see that this can make a real positive impact on your wife’s feelings. She may look at you with a smile like she did when you were dating. Or a more tired version of it at least.
3. Send your wife an email about how much you love her. No logistics, no plans, just a love letter. Women love this stuff. Most of them. If you try it and it doesn’t have any happiness impact, then next time try the next one...
4. Go on Amazon or Etsy and take five minutes to buy your wife a little surprise present. This doesn’t take very long.
5. When you want to have sex, look into your wife’s eyes and tell her how much you want her and how sexy she is. Use SPECIFICS. Do this for five minutes. This is longer than most men take, by a power of 1 million. Because, let’s face it, the usual is, “You’re so hot,” or no words at all, and then onto the kissing, if not the main event. Five minutes of saying how much you desire your wife and WHY is five minutes more than she may have heard in a while.
I have a secret. It is something I don’t really talk about, especially to other parents. If the topic ever comes up, I try my best to find ways to spin the situation to avoid judgmental glares. I downplay it and laugh it off. My secret: I still co-sleep with my 5-year-old daughter.
A study from University College London found that people who perceived their parents as less psychologically controlling and more caring as they were growing up were likely to be happier and more satisfied as adults.
Toys are not merely playthings. Toys form the building blocks for our child’s future. They teach our children about the world and about themselves. They send messages and communicate values...
Leaving the baby stage is bittersweet. Gone are the newborn snuggles, the new baby smell, the squishy baby cheeks, the itsy bitsy outfits and the adorable milestones. But as you leave this precious stage behind, you also enter a new one – and boy, it is a doozy!
"I got to sit down to dinner and hear all the stories from the day with the kids. I got to give them a bath and hear their squeals and giggles. I got to snuggle and love on them for 3 hours more than he did. He is the one sacrificing, not me.”
Seriously, why are they even posing better than me?
A study found that youngsters smacked up to the age of six did better at school and were more optimistic about their lives than those never hit by their parents.
They were also more likely to undertake voluntary work and keener to attend university, experts discovered.
The research, conducted in the United States, is likely to anger children’s rights campaigners who have unsuccessfully fought to ban smacking in Britain.
Finding Dory is set to be a huge draw because it works by cleverly and subtly tapping into our love of nostalgia. It is a movie about a forgetful blue fish desperate to find her long-lost parents...
They're naturally independent.
This FREE Robot Shape Matching puzzle includes 6 shapes: triangle, square, circle, star, hexagon, trapezoid.
Approximately at the age of two, children learn bowel control first before bladder control or the reverse way. The child’s bowel or bladder control is mostly done in the morning than in the evening. Experts suggested that potty training should only be initiated when your child is already showing certain signs of readiness which is visible in the ages of two to three years old. There are signs when they already exhibiting attitudes of controlling their bowel or bladder.
Since my wife is a teacher, I have spent countless hours listening to teachers tell their stories. This has caused me to recognize some things I would like to share with my fellow parents.
For a decade and a half, the big chocolate makers have promised to end child labor in their industry—and have spent tens of millions of dollars in the effort. But as of the latest estimate, 2.1 million West African children still do the dangerous and physically taxing work of harvesting cocoa. What will it take to fix the problem?
The teacher tells you that your little one is very well-behaved in school. However, it is the direct opposite when she’s at home.