How to spot conjunctivitis
Those itchy, red eyes may be a common childhood ailment.
Those itchy, red eyes may be a common childhood ailment.
If your child has an imaginary friend they may have a connection to the spirit world, according to psychic Denise Litchfield.
Parenting a toddler while I was pregnant was not as simple as I thought it would be.
I imagined in that last trimester as my stomach housed a whole human, that I'd be able to sit on the couch and rest while instructing my two-year-old how to engineer towers with blocks.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned as a mom, it’s that kids love to see their creativity in action. Nothing makes my daughter happier than wearing the bead bracelet she painstakingly strung together, or seeing me hang up one of her art projects in our kitchen. She recently got wind of a service that turns kids’ art into real stuffed animals and did a full-on dance of joy when I agreed she could make one.
As if LEGOs weren’t enough of an awesome childhood toy, one teacher has found another awesome educational/developmental use for this super-toy – as a math education aid! Alycia Zimmerman, a 3rd-grade teacher in New York, uses them to explain fractions, squares and other mathematical concepts.
One of the best documentary series that will thrill people of all gender and ages. It consists of total 11 episodes, each featuring a specific biosphere of our planet Earth. Narrated by David Attenborough, BBC put their best resources into making this stellar work. Watch one episode, you will come out amazed.
According to a 2002 Traffic Police campaign which advocated the importance of belting up, a properly fitted child restraint system can reduce fatal injuries by up to 75 per cent and serious injuries by 67 per cent.
Here are some safety tips for parents:
1) It's illegal for anyone under the height of 1.35M, regardless of age to be unsecured
2) Make sure children are secured in a restraint appropriate for their age, height & weight
3) Have your children seated at the back & try to avoid placing child seats in front....
A Missouri mom has seen immense support online after she opened up about her battle with anxiety and depression and how it’s affected her as a mother.
When we laugh off behaviors and compare them to different stages, we minimize the needs of the individual child.
This post was originally titled 'Notes to Self' but I'm thinking we could all do with some reminders. Here are some notes for all Montessori parents.
At some point of time in our lives, we have to deal with changes. While some of us deal with changes more readily, there are also those who are resistant to them. As adults, we find ways and strategies to help ourselves cope with such transitions. It is pretty much the same with toddlers, but these small ones would need us to help them find a coping mechanism.
A bite from a single mosquito can result in fever, headaches, and pain. Severe cases can experience a multitude of symptoms including bleeding, shock, organ failure -- and potentially death. There is no treatment or vaccine and no real means of protecting yourself in countries endemic for the disease.
Check out this stellar photo records of 'Small Steps Are Giant Leaps' Project which is about reminding parents that to our kids this is a new and exciting world just waiting to be explored.
Adorable video shows the 4-month-old, who has impaired vision due to a rare condition called oculocutaneous albinism, having glasses placed over his eyes. His response to the first sight of his mom is just heart-melting.
Dr. Leonard Sax has been a family physician and psychologist for 27 years, conducting workshops around the world for parents, teachers, social workers, counselors, school psychologists and juvenile justice professionals.
He’s also a dad, and it’s from all those perspectives that he took on his fourth book, an alarm bell of sorts titled, “The Collapse of Parenting,” out recently from Basic Books.
This is the most delicious cauliflower recipe you’ll eat and on top of that it’s such an easy addition to include a roasted cauliflower in your family’s dinner plan or for a dinner party with friends.
All experienced cooks do absolutely great in the kitchen with the help of some simple tricks. These tricks will make you a real home chef while making food storage and cleaning much easier.
This girl, like many others, is facing being bullied at school. When her Dad, Khari, heard about it & fought back with this song.
Tips to prevent common summer diseases among kids:
1. Ensure that your child drinks liquids from time to time so that he doesn’t get dehydrated. Fresh fruit juices are preferable to colas and other packaged drinks. It would help if he carried a few of his favorite beverages with him.
2. You and your child should maintain the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness at home and wherever else you might go.
3. Put him on a diet of rich in fibers, water-based fruits like water melon, minerals and vegetables.
4. Do not give him cut veggies and fruits or street food that may be spicy, cooked a long time ago, spicy and oily.
5. Dress your child in loose and lightweight cottons. Ensure that he wears a cap when he’s outdoors and uses sunscreen on the exposed parts of his body.
6. Keep him indoors during the hottest parts of the day, i.e. 10am to 2pm.
7. Keep him out of crowded areas and away from the direct glare of the sun.
This FREE Robot Shape Matching puzzle includes 6 shapes: triangle, square, circle, star, hexagon, trapezoid.
Being a mother in Singapore isn't easy, so it's no wonder that recent surveys have revealed how woefully unprepared Singaporean mothers are for retirement. A 2015 survey showed that 75 per cent of the mothers surveyed had not even thought about retirement, let alone started planning for it.
Babies are usually the ones messing up the house (in the cutest, squigdy-iest, giggliest way) but it’s time for you to take a break from wiping up that yoghurt and putting toys away, because you’re about to see how baby housework is done. As in, the baby doing the housework in the video
Easy to get wrong. Fortunately, not that hard to get right
If you think your toddler is too young to understand what you’re saying, think again. Find out what he actually picks up from your words and actions.
Seriously, why are they even posing better than me?
My little kids love this Pokemon Sensory Bottle I made for when their older siblings are hunting for Pokemon on Pokemon Go! Now my littles can have their very own lure in a bottle, complete with pink confetti. Kids will have so much fun shaking the glittery sensory bottle trying to catch them all!
This is the best and easiest way to dye rice for sensory play, taking just minutes to prepare and using no vinegar or alcohol hand gel! This method creates the most vibrant and amazingly coloured rice that will last for years when stored correctly. Let’s make it!
Every parent or parent to-be has heard of the 'terrible two' phase but as someone who has been there four times, I can tell you that the twos are nothing compared to the age of three! At two they can be whiny and a bit defiant, but at three they can actually talk a bit more and it seems their attitude is beginning to fully develop!It seems that experts are now agreeing that while those two year old's are getting a bad rap, it's really the 'threenager' that parents need to be wary of!
Motherhood is a balancing act, but you don’t have to do it alone.
New book focuses on the importance of grit in children and adults. Millennials, who grew up with helicopter parents, may lack resiliency, co-authors say. Colleges across the country now teaching resiliency on campus
It’s hard for parents to understand how a toddler can go from eating everything to barely touching his or her meals. It’s even more difficult for them to understand why kids are so reluctant to try new foods. And without a big picture understanding of why kids eat the way they do, parents are left frustrated and are more likely to make feeding mistakes.
Erasing the stigma, one high five at a time.
What parenting habits are the most significant to kids?
Grab your finest construction paper and show your kid the simple joy of folding, aiming, and hucking that origami bomber as far as it’ll fly.
Your child may read every book in the world but if he/she doesn't understand a word, it only accounts for wasted time you could have used for a more productive activity. For you, we simplified it down to five tips so you can follow through easily and apply it to your child rearing.
1. Know The Way Your Kid Thinks.
2. Teach Your Child The Art Of Conversation.
3. Give Your Kid Books That He/She Will Understand.
4. Know The Content That Peaks Your Kid's Interest.
5. Let Your Kid's Mind Float Away Every Once In A While.
1. When you get home, ask, “What can I do to help?” Then for at least five minutes, actually do what she says. A lot of people ask this question and then do half of the job. So, the job is set the table, and they take out some plates. Or the job is diaper the baby, and they leave the wipes and the cream open and an empty bag of diapers laying around. Only five minutes is necessary for many household related tasks, or five minutes could make a good dent. At the very least, for five minutes your wife will see you fully engaged in a task, and not sitting doing nothing (which women hate), and that will magically make her happy and less stressed out.
2. Tell your wife what she does that you appreciate. For five whole minutes, tell her what she does that makes you happy and feel appreciative and grateful. Five minutes is a long time to talk, and you’ll see that this can make a real positive impact on your wife’s feelings. She may look at you with a smile like she did when you were dating. Or a more tired version of it at least.
3. Send your wife an email about how much you love her. No logistics, no plans, just a love letter. Women love this stuff. Most of them. If you try it and it doesn’t have any happiness impact, then next time try the next one...
4. Go on Amazon or Etsy and take five minutes to buy your wife a little surprise present. This doesn’t take very long.
5. When you want to have sex, look into your wife’s eyes and tell her how much you want her and how sexy she is. Use SPECIFICS. Do this for five minutes. This is longer than most men take, by a power of 1 million. Because, let’s face it, the usual is, “You’re so hot,” or no words at all, and then onto the kissing, if not the main event. Five minutes of saying how much you desire your wife and WHY is five minutes more than she may have heard in a while.
It is assumed that the small particles of baby powder got flamed after the contact with the heat.
Munas Van Boonstra runs four businesses simultaneously, while gracefully juggling life as a single mother to two adorable children. Her businesses include an events planning company, Nasty Inc; an events furniture & props rental company, Event Rental Malaysia; Gingerbread Haus, a line of children’s clothing she’s started with her kids, and her latest venture being Supermumpreneur, a women & mum’s university where she teaches women how to do it all and entrepreneurship.
You might think it’s cute – that big, wet and slobbery tongue reaching out from your canine’s jaw and affectionately lapping at your face. But what if I told you there was something quite sinister about it?
No, I’m not saying your beloved Fido is trying to harm you. Your little (or big) furry friend genuinely is trying to display affection. Too bad the same can’t be said for all the bacteria on the dog’s tongue.
Too bad the same can’t be said for all the bacteria on the dog’s tongue.
New games that will make acquiring programming skills as simple as playing Lego for kids!
With these honey bee coloring pages, you can color your own wonderful honey-producing pollinator! I created these two coloring pages from a bee drawing that I colored live for you to enjoy. Coloring can be a very relaxing activity for not just children, but adults as well; it’s a great way to wind down at the end of the day, especially with some nice music turned on.
Children need special attention in their early years for their healthy development. One area that is crucial for their safety and healthy growth is ensuring that they receive all their recommended vaccines. Vaccination is a powerful tool to prevent infectious diseases.
It’s the increasingly fashionable approach, with an emphasis on baby-wearing, co-sleeping and long-term breastfeeding. But does it make for happier, better children?
Forget fancy superfoods. These nutritious powerhouse will prove worthy friend for you and your family.
A study found that youngsters smacked up to the age of six did better at school and were more optimistic about their lives than those never hit by their parents.
They were also more likely to undertake voluntary work and keener to attend university, experts discovered.
The research, conducted in the United States, is likely to anger children’s rights campaigners who have unsuccessfully fought to ban smacking in Britain.
While it is rare condition, it has serious dangers: hampered personality development, impeded growth in later stage, etc.
More childhood experts are advocating less coddling and more freedom for kids to explore, problem solve and create their own play - even if it means bruises.
Your child will be more attentive and will be more likely to follow if you use positive words instead.